February 15, 2017

April Lilli Design Team: XOXO.


Here is my second project with the Crate Paper Heart Day collection which is still 20% off in the April Lilli Shop. This layout is another mixed media layout. I really enjoy exploring all of these new options and simply play. I try not to go out and buy new products, but instead use what I already have and try to incorporate it into my scrapbooking. There is a process video on my youtube channel for this layout, so go and check it out!


I primed my background with gesso, then used Neocolor II and the heart stamps that are from the Heart Day stamp set to create the background for my photos. I used the chipboard XOXO for my title and added a couple of die cuts from the ephemera pack.

The enamel dots are just the interior parts of the wood buttons from the dimensional embellishments, I love this little trick. Because my title ended up being very close to the left edge I decided to add a patterned paper strip to the left so that the title would move more towards the center. The grey cardstock helped to distinguish between the two pattern papers, this way I was able to use them side by side.

If you want to know more about my decisions and why you shouldn't erase pencil on gesso, simply watch the whole Scrapbooking Process: XOXO Layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment