January 26, 2018

What is a CURRENTLY album? And why is it the perfect beginner's project!


In 2017 I started to record a list of "currentlies" in my Daisy Dori inserts from Cocoa Daisy and loved seeing how they changed or stayed the same every month. For 2018 I had the idea to use a 6x8 album for my currently lists, this would give me more options to play. I could do full page photos, full page lists, put my lists into pockets, leave it plain and simple and just have fun. I could be really artistic with colors and stamps or I could type it out on a typewriter or use my computer or just a plain old pen. Whatever the current mood, I could do.

I also wasn't afraid of adding yet another project to my ever growing list of projects because in the end, the only thing I really have to do for this particular one is write a list of things that I am currently ...

And this is where you come in! If you have been on the fence about this whole scrapbooking stuff and journaling also seems way too intimidating, I think this is the perfect project for you to get your feet wet. Depending on your preferences you can use a binder from the office supply store or a journal that you have in your stash. You can use a scrapbooking album or a traveler's notebook, this all depends on your personal preference. And then just start!

Here is a list of categories that you can record each month, I bet there are even more. Pick some or use all and get recording! January is the perfect time to start this project:
  • wearing
  • reading
  • planning
  • watching
  • cooking
  • eating
  • crafting
  • going
  • loving
  • dreaming
  • feeling
  • listening
  • drinking
If you want to add photos I recommend you start by just focussing on one favorite thing per month and take a photo and print it. Stick it down and write what you love about this right now. On the next page add the rest of your current favorites for the month. And then come back the next month and do it again! See how easy this is? And see how you can be as artsy or crafty as you want to be?


As I told you above, this year I want to use a 6x8 album for this project. I have started with a title page yesterday and am sharing the creative process on youtube. I am so excited, this is going to be so much fun! I will be recording some other things in this album too but the only goal I have is to record one currently list each month. Everything else in that album is just the icing on the cake.

I hope I was able to inspire you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment